Sustaining Mechanical Engineer
|Datum vacature||juni 24, 2020|
Carrier Transicold is a company with a worldwide costumer base within transport cooling systems. The company consists of PPG, CRG, Container, Marine and Truck & Trailer. Truck & Trailer’s responsibility is the sales of units and service meant for road transport to our costumers in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg, also called the Benelux. Our main focus is to maintain and expand our long term client relations and also to develop and grow on the business end. We directly report to our headquartes in France.
This mechanical system engineer will interact with the entire engineering organization, operation and business to improve existing products for cost and quality. The candidate will also work in close contact with the remaining global engineering organization, including the European Engineering groups in Rouen and Beroun, the Technology and Component group located in Syracuse, the Control group, the method group and the other key engineering
locations in Carrier. Roles and responsibilities will be:
- Participate as mechanical TT system engineer in sustaining engineering in Noordwijk.
- Lead engineering related activities and projects supported by cross functional teams.
- Interact with suppliers to perform root cause analysis and to find high quality, safe and cost competitive solutions for the Noordwijk products.
- Coordinate as needed mechanical modeling activities such as FEA etc.
- Perform as needed design FMEA on component and system level.
- Request and organize tests and analyze test results.
- Work in close coordination with Europe Marketing, Supply Chain, Quality and Manufacturing cross-functional members.
- Work in close coordination with CTD global engineering, the Technology Group and the Control group located globally.
- Ensure that the performance metrics (time to market, quality, performances, cost) of improved existing products are met.
Contribute to the preparation of ETT engineering departmental expense budgets and work within the limits and objectives established for the sustaining engineering budget. Contribute to the preparation of capital budget related to engineering activities.
Environment, health & Safety
In all areas of responsibility which have a direct impact on the health and safety of employees and the environment, assure that Dutch legislation and the ‘Carrier Policy and Principles on Human and Natural Resource Protection’ are fully supported and implemented.
Provide full compliance with the ‘Carrier Code of Ethics’; which includes ensuring to be aware of the policies and that the actions comply and support these policies. Continuous Improvement Drive deployment of Continuous Improvement in integrated and independent service network to reach new level quality, customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction, in coordination with the European Continuous Improvement Coordinator. Work closely with suppliers to provide high quality, cost effective and defect-free components in a lean production environment.
- Education background: Experience in root cause analysis, quality problem solving technics, refrigeration and a Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- We require a fluent level of English.
- We require a 3-5 year experience outside Carrier as mechaincal R&D or sustaining engineer in home appliance, automotive or refrigeration companies. You are familiar with modern engineering and quality tools (FMEA, PPAP etc.)
- You have a great attitude, team spirit, a good sense of business, are organized, have great communication skills and are able to work effectively across a large global organization.
Eigenschappen van deze vacature
- Technisch Binnendienst
- Designer / tekenaar
- Ventilatie & Roosters